Last modified: September 19, 2016
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you, such as your name, address, and email address, if you choose to provide us with such information. We may also collect information about you that does not uniquely identify you if you choose to provide us with such information. Additionally, when you access the Website using a mobile device, we may collect and process real-time information about the location of your device.
Fact Retriever may enable you to access social networks through the Website. If you access a social network through the Website, your use of the social network is governed by such social network’s terms and conditions and privacy policies. If you access a social network through the Website, you may be asked to grant Fact Retriever access to certain information from your social network profile, such as your friends or contacts lists, photographs, and updates. This information may be used by Fact Retriever to suggest new features and content that may be relevant to you, for statistical analysis, or for other business purposes.
When you visit the Website, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, namely Google Display and Search Marketing) that collect information about user traffic on the Website. The information we may collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times and duration of visits to the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- information on actions taken on the Website (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your information to:
- understand your needs and interests and tailor the Website and our services accordingly;
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- communicate with you about our services, offers, and promotions;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the services we offer;
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use the information collected through cookies to identify and authenticate visitors. We may also combine the information we collect with publicly available information, and with that of other users of the Website. For example, we may use your and other users' non-identifiable, aggregated data to improve the services we offer, for statistical analysis, and for other business purposes.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We offer you the following choices about what information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Website’s features.
- Location and Social Media Information. You can restrict Fact Retriever’s collection and use of real-time information about your mobile device’s location through your device’s privacy settings. You can restrict Fact Retriever’s access to your social network profile at any time by changing your social network privacy settings.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain additional rights to request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, and have your personal information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fact Retriever has reasonable security measures in place in an effort to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any Website privacy settings or our security measures.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not directed to, and Fact Retriever does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.